Monday, March 10, 2008

How to crackout coins from PCGS and NGC slabs

Every now and then I come across a coin video that I feel is worth sharing. I've never cracked out a coin myself (I'm too afraid I'll damage the coin), but when I saw the first video below and saw just how safe and easy it is, I may just have to crackout and resubmit a few that I think are undergraded.

To play the videos, you must click on the video twice, once to activate the control, the second time to start the video.




This next video might be a better method of cracking out coins. Both videos can be found on YouTube.com and at numismaster.com.


video

4 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Anonymous triumph110 said...

The first video seemed easier...

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Jim Elsmore said...

You cracked it out, then you you TOUCHED the coin! Go figure!

 
At 12:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The second video is what happens to your coins when your house gets robbed!

 
At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim,
I contacted PCGS after watching the video on their sight that showed how coins were graded and they do not wear gloves. They handle the coins carefully but with bare hands. So a schmuck like me with cotton gloves has more respect for coins than a "PROFESSIONAL" grader, go figure. Why do we pay them so much?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home