Friday, June 06, 2008


Awhile back I wrote an article about a US Mint press release that stated how the public had accepted the new "Golden dollar." One of the quotes from that press release stated:

"Especially gratifying is what we are hearing from the American people. ... it is clear that we have exceeded all expectations for the coin's acceptance by the public."

Today, I read another press release, this one released 8 years later, about how the US Mint is hiring an ad agency, with a first year budget as high as $2.4 million, to help promote circulation of the Presidential dollars.

I don't know about you, but to me, this seems like a waste of taxpayer Presidential dollars. You would think after 8 years, the US Mint (and Congress) would have acknowledged that a dollar coin will never successfully circulate as long as a dollar bill co-exists with it.

So for what it's worth, I will give a little free advice on how to save taxpayers $2.4 million dollars immediately, save the taxpayers billions of dollars over the long run, and get the dollar coin to circulate to boot: STOP PRINTING DOLLAR BILLS!

1 Comments:

At 10:42 PM, Anonymous coin collecting said...

You have a very nice coins blog.
You're very keen in details. My site is up already coin collecting
hope you will check my coins directory site, it's nice I guarantee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home