Monday, February 16, 2009

ANA's Money Museum on Meet Me at the Corner: Virtual Field Trips for Kids

One of the problems that I have always had with numismatics is the lack of attention that is paid to children. I have been to coin shows where children are all but ignored by most dealers. When I joined a coin club a few years ago, I mentioned it to a friend of mine who responded, "You are such an old man." (I'm not.) Of all the club meetings that I've been to, I have only seen two members that are under the age of 20. Almost all the others probably carry AARP cards next to their club membership cards in their wallet.

So when children's author Donna Guthrie told me about Meet Me at the Corner and a new video podcast featuring the ANA's Money Museum, coin collecting and the new Lincoln cent, I just had to take a look.

Meet Me at the Corner is a website that consists of video submissions from children around the world. They are videos by children - for children.

So take a look at the "The Lincoln Penny & The Money Museum" submitted recently by Amanda. You just might learn something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home