Friday, March 12, 2010

The Best Coin Collecting Album for Kids (and it’s cheap!)

It is not often I recommend a product I really like, but this is one of those times. I have a 5 year old son, and I am often on the lookout for something that will get him interested in collecting coins. I’ve looked at lots of different books and albums and have never really found anything that I liked – until now.

The book Coin Collecting for Kids by Innovative Kids is exactly the thing I was looking for. It is a cross between an album with slots to fill and an informational coin book.  It is filled with stories and facts about coins and coin collecting presented in a cartoonish (and therefore appealing) way for kids.  My son loves the book.

What I really liked is that it is formatted in a way to make collecting coins out of circulation fun. Mixed in with all the fun facts and information are slots for the kids to put their coins.

  • There is a page with slots for a your child’s birth year coins.
  • There is a page for displaying your oldest penny, nickel, quarter, half dollar, and Eisenhower dollar.
  • There are pages for displaying a penny for each year from 1970 through 2010.
  • There is a separate section for the all the 2009 Lincoln bicentennial cents and the new 2010 Shield cent.
  • There is a page for the Westward Journey nickels.
  • There are pages to display all 50 state quarters.
  • There are pages to display all the Presidential dollars including a slot for Barack Obama.
  • Finally, there are a couple of pages for displaying examples of Indian Head cents, Lincoln cents, Buffalo nickels, Jefferson nickels, Mercury dimes, Roosevelt dimes, Standing Liberty quarters, Washington quarters (including bicentennial design), Walking Liberty half dollars, Franklin half dollars, Kennedy half dollars (including bicentennial design), Peace dollars, Eisenhower dollars (including bicentennial design), and the Susan B. Anthony dollar.

My only complaint is that the book did not have any place, other than the birth year page, to display the Sacagawea dollar. They should have included it next to Susan B. Anthony.

But that one criticism aside, this is by far the best kid’s coin collecting book I have ever seen. I liked it so much that I now buy it to give as gifts to others. And for only around $10, you can’t beat the price!  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home